Where I started

 Welcome to this blog.  I have just taken the big step of moving up from a point and shoot camera to a mirror-less, multi-lens camera and it is intimidating to see the endless settings available to me.

The new camera is also a different brand that I have not owned before so there is a learning curve there as well.

I have a friend with some experience to help me on my learning journey as well as two brand new books to read, but I thought it would help inspire me to blog about my journey and share my photos as I experiment and learn.  It will also help me to document what I learn and visually (hopefully) see progress over time as I master some of the techniques. 

So this post is the starting post and this first photo is one I took on my first outing with not much idea what I was doing other than trying out different settings.

Conditions: It was a cloudy day with little sun. Humid and about 74 degrees Fahrenheit

Settings:

  • White balance = Auto
  • ISO = 200
  • FStop = 5.6
  • Advanced Photo setting = Natural

Things that I see with my amateur eye that I want to improve include:

  • Needs to be sharper
  • I want it to convey the water speed better
  • I want the colors to be more vivid although since it was March on a cloudy day, that was probably the reason for the drag colors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fighting Fire